Wednesday 10 November 2010

Birthday Memory Bags

Okay this will be the last birthday post I promise(at least for a while : )
Another tradition I wanted to start this year was creating birthday memory bags for L.  Each draw string bag is supposed to have a number on it and represent one year of L's life. 


In L's first year bag I put in the outfit she wore home from the hospital and her baby booties.  Each bag also contains a picture book of that year and a letter to L talking about what she accomplished that year, her height and weight, her favorite foods and her friends etc.

 Next year I will include a tape measure in the box and she can compare her different sizes and weights each year.
Here she is trying to put on her very first pair of shoes!
I think I saw this idea on the Internet somewhere but I really can't remember where.  All I know is I think it's a wonderful thing for L to look forward to each birthday and another way to take the emphasis off of presents.

5 comments:

XYZZ said...

Such a lovely idea! I bet she loves those bags.

Olives and Pickles said...

I love this idea..thank you for sharing..
Have a wonderful day.

The girl who painted trees said...

Love it. Will start working on this for Bear's fourth birthday and J-jo's second. It's a great way to keep keepsakes.

Joyful Learner said...

What a great tradition! Not only are they wonderful keepsakes but it's so hands on and perfect for young kids!

speed said...

awesome idea! I am going to try this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails