Sunday 29 January 2012

Lovehearts Art

While I was checking out Kathy Barbro's tutorial for the Winter Birches over at the fantastic blog Art Projects for Kids I came across this super cool Valentine's art project.
L is super excited about Valentine's Day this year which she calls Lovehearts Day.

I was also excited to finally use the oil pastels I bought months ago.  We did the project on some leftover water color paper.  We used three different sized heart shaped cookie cutters to trace our hearts onto the paper.
L then chose her first color and outlined a heart with zigzag lines.  She did that about three times for each heart in different colors and then kept filling in more and more colors.  This was a pretty long project and I had to keep encouraging her towards the end but the result was totally worth it!


Here are the finished products.  L's is on the left and Mommy's is on the right.

1 comment:

Lisa Nolan said...

This is so lovely! Thank you for sharing! One day, I'll break out my dad's oil pastels for my son, who has Down syndrome--and is quite the artist himself! I also linked to your post on my pinterest here http://pinterest.com/lnmontessori/holiday-seasonal-crafts/! Best!

Related Posts with Thumbnails