Friday 20 January 2012

Easy, beautiful artwork

When I saw this gorgeous Winter Birches art project over at Wee Folk Art I knew it was one L and I would have to try out right away.
After having a fairly mild winter we finally got snow this week and L had a snow day.  It was the perfect day to bake cookies and try out this painting.
 This beautiful piece of artwork was so easy to make.
For a full tutorial with step by step pictures go to Wee Folk Art.  They used painters tape but since we didn't have any on hand I just used masking tape.  It took off a little of the paper but in the end it still looks great and I think it adds a nice texture.



We haven't done a project like this in a while and it reminded me of how much fun it is to get out the paints and do artwork together.  Thank you Wee Folk Art for posting about this great project.


3 comments:

Kimara said...

Please let L know she did a beautiful job. Every time I see one of this completed, I'm in awe. Kathy Barbro, over at Art Projects for Kids, has so many inspiring ideas. http://www.artprojectsforkids.org/2009/09/winter-birch-trees.html And thanks for mentioned we used painter's tape. I don't think I mentioned that in my article, I'll go back and make the addition. BTW... we finally got enough snow yesterday that the grass is covered... YAY! Crazy winter.

Foreword from the Reader said...

Thanks for sharing ABout a GIrl!! I love this craft. We have never done anything like this before so I will have to try with the children at preschool. Great winter activity!

2 little seeds- The Montessori Potential said...

oooo, love it! A must do project! Thx!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails