Saturday 9 October 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada.  I thought I'd share some of the decorations we made to celebrate.

The weather up until this weekend has been glorious so L and I were able to pick some leaves for preserving in beeswax.  I am now addicted to dipping leaves in beeswax! They just turn out so beautifully and smell divine!
Some of them I strung on clear thread to hang from our light fixture and others I put on our nature table.  For a tutorial on how to do this visit The Magic Onions.
L and I also made paper lanterns with a balloon, tissue paper and glue.  I cut out some leaf shapes ahead of time.  This is a great project for little ones.  L did this lantern herself using a paintbrush to apply the glue and tissue paper.  I can't wait to light it with an electric candle for our Thanksgiving meal.

 We bought some mini gourds and corn and I just had to try to make some of the pinecone fairies from Twig and Toadstool.  The mother is on the mantel with the gourds...
and here are her two little sons.  These are so easy to make and are sooo adorable.

We are also planning on making the Gratitude Leaf Mobile from Twig and Toadstool(I love their ideas!)
Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadians!

6 comments:

Elle Belles Bows said...

Very lovely! Thanks for sharing! Kerri

Kim said...

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you and your family! I love the pinecone fairies!

paumon said...

Good job!! It's soo nice!!

melissa said...

Beautiful! Now I am dying to get my hands on some fall leaves and some wax : )

Olives and Pickles said...

Happy Thankgiving!! I hope you have a great peaceful time with people you love..Thanks a lots for your lovely comments in my our blog.

Jess said...

Beautiful as always!

Related Posts with Thumbnails