Sunday 8 December 2013

Snow Bath = Awesome!!

One of the activities that L and LJ had in their advent calendars was a "Snow Bath"
This was in L's words "Awesome!!"
 
I got the inspiration from Growing A Jeweled Rose.  If you want sensory bath ideas this site has them all!
 
So here is what I did.  First off I put a drop of blue food coloring in the water and added a couple drops of peppermint extract.  I found the perfect foam snowflakes at the Dollar store and added in a little reindeer and polar bear to play with.  I set the mood by bringing in a bedside lamp instead of the bright overhead light and hung a few glowing icicles around the room.
 
For the snow I used shaving cream for them to paint the bath and themselves with and to make "real" snow I used baking soda with enough cold water mixed to give it a snow texture.  This is sooo cool as it feels and looks like real snow and just melts in the warm bath water.
 I cut out pieces of craft foam so they could make their own snowmen.
They played for ages and much fun was had by all. 
I think we may just do it again!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Fun idea!

Anne said...

I agree - awesome! We are going to do this asap!

Cynthia Dyer said...

Excellent! I'm off to whip up a batch.....for me!

Merry Christmas...and my MIL isn't going to get all those wonderful Nisse you made. A few of them mysteriously made their way onto my tree. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails