Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New Year/Christmas thankyou cards

I hope everyone had a happy Christmas and New Year. We really enjoyed our first holiday season in Canada. It was wonderful to be able to celebrate with my family. Today January 1st we took down the advent calendar and put up in it's place the "calendar". L got this as a gift for her birthday but I was waiting until we moved to use it and thought the first day of the year was a perfect time. We have done some work on numbers, days of the week and seasons before but she obviously doesn't get the whole idea at the moment. I'm sure as we go she will understand more and more. She loves looking outside to figure out the weather bit and of course all of the Velcroing!


L also made up a bunch of thank you cards for her relatives. I took down all of our Christmas cards and cut them up, folded over some colored paper and L glued on all of the bits. I think they turned out really well and I was amazed at how L placed all of the pieces in themes. A cheap and environmentally friendly way to make thank you cards.


We finally seem to be settled here and I have a lot of activities planned for the new year. Thank you everyone for all of your bloggy inspiration and I'm looking forward to seeing what you're all up to in the new year!

2 comments:

Montessori Moments said...

Wonderful post, thanks for sharing!
I LOVE the calendar. Was it homemade? I would love a bilingual one just like it!
Glad you are enjoying being back in Canada!
I enjoy your posts so much and look forward to your posts in the New Year!
God Bless!

Montessori Beginnings said...

Thanks for you kind comment. I thought you would like this calendar. My sister-in-law bought this from http://www.honeybeetoys.co.uk/bilingual-englishfrench-my-calendar-wall-chart-p-258.html

This is an English site but I'm sure with some searching you could find something similar on a North American site.

Related Posts with Thumbnails