We made some art for the kids bedrooms over the weekend. I've wanted to do more resist paintings for some time now and we finally got around to it.
L painted a previously used canvas black. While she was doing that I looked through Google images for some giraffe and elephant silhouettes. I copied them into a word document and scaled them to the appropriate sizes. We then cut them out and traced them onto some black contact paper. Once we'd cut them out a final time we arranged them on the canvases.
L and LJ got to work painting over the whole canvas. L decided to make an African sunset and I just gave LJ colours that matched his bedroom.
All painted and waiting for them to dry before peeling off the contact paper.
Here are the finished products. I did a bit of touching up around the edges and then we hung them on their walls. I love this way of painting. So easy yet so effective!