Monday 16 January 2012

Advent Activities 2011 Week 4

Day 20
"make angels"
We made these last year and L was asking to make them again this year.  They are very simple to make just using coffee filters.


Day 21
Okay honestly I just can't remember what we did this day.  This is what happens when you don't record things right away! Lesson learned!

Day 22
"Auntie M and Uncle J arrive"
This Christmas was a very special one for us as not only was it our family's first Christmas in our new house but my husband's sister and her husband came to stay with us all the way from England.  L was beside herself with excitement.

Day 23
"make angel decorations"
I saw these on a blog while I was blog surfing and now I can't for the life of me find it again to link back to .  If these were your idea please leave me a comment so I can link back to you.
These are so simple to make just using a cardboard cereal box and a Styrofoam ball.  We tore up some Christmas paper and modge podged it to the body, head and wings.  Once they were dry I glued on the heads and wings with a glue gun.  L made the little one and I made the big one.  I'm really happy with how they turned out.

Day 24
"Go skating at the Winter Wonderland"
Every year our local arena does a wonderful job of turning a boring old skating rink into a magical wonderland with trees, lights and winter scenes.  They turn the lights down and play Christmas music.  It's such a wonderful family event.

Phew that's it I managed to do it.  Looking back and remembering all of these activities we really did have a fantastic Christmas season.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails