Wednesday 15 September 2010

A day of learning for everyone

Well today was L's first day of Montessori pre-school.  The morning routine went along smoothly and she even helped to make her own breakfast and put he dishes in the dishwasher.  Long may it continue.  I did have to keep her moving along but we were nice and early and the whole process was positive.  Except for the last bit. 
When we did our cards the last one in the sequence was driving to school with a picture of a car.
 We went outside this morning and she said which way should I go?  Which door should I get in?  This confused me and I said where you car seat always is.  She says, "But I'm driving."  "I'm driving to school."
Somehow L had figured that the last bit was and then SHE actually drives to school!!!  I explained that she needs a license to drive and that when she gets bigger she can learn. 
Thankfully these were the only tears.  Once we got to school she was so happy and chatty and I left her with no problem.  When I picked her up she was playing in the playground.  She looked totally wiped but was having fun.  The teacher said she had a great first day and was very outgoing and chatty.  Yeah!
She was starving and after lunch I wanted her to take a nap but she went to her shelves and got out her napkin rolling activity and then proceeded to tell me how to do it.
I did eventually get her to take a nap though.  Phew!

The best thing about today for me though was not actually L's first day of school but our first parents night.  It was all about children's brain development and how to grow your child's brain and was presented by Gary Anaka a wonderfully dynamic Brian Based Learning Facilitator. 
The evening was so enlightening and my husband and I were both captivated. 
I'm so excited about what we learned that I'm going to talk about it in an upcoming post.
For now just let me say to you my bloggy friends that we're all on the right track!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Oh yay L!!! I am so glad you had such a wonderful fabulous first day!! (even if mummy didnt let you drive!)

J - so pleased for you! Very exciting new stage. And so fabulous it went so well. Cant wait to hear more about the brain thingo!

Big kisses.
XX

Izzy said...

Hahaha...so cute...she literally thinks that she's driving to school.

Rhe parents night event organized in school too? Thats very interesting.. Brain development and child development..

Olives and Pickles said...

I am glad L had fun at her school!! That is great!

Unknown said...

L is for lovable! Keep enjoying her now, they grow up too fast. Before you know it she will be driving. Glad you guys had a wonderful first day.

Lisa said...

Looking forward to hearing the summary from your talk. There is a lovely Montessori preschool not far from us that I would love to put my little guy in, but it is out of our price range. Good for your family for making it a priority.

The girl who painted trees said...

I'm so glad she enjoyed her first day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails