Tuesday 14 September 2010

Twas' the night before......

L starts Montessori pre-school tomorrow.  We've been anticipating this moment for ages.  Me for the past year!  It's such an exciting time for all of us!  My biggest curiosity will be what activities she chooses for her first day.  Oh how I wish I could be a fly on the wall.

It's felt like ages of waiting for L and I for this day to come so to help with the anticipation I created this sequencing activity for L's first morning.
While she was coloring I made up these little cards with pictures of each small event that will make up our morning routine.  I'm not sure how clear they are in the picture but we have everything from waking up to brushing teeth and putting her breakfast dishes in the dishwasher(we'll see how this one goes!)
We first talked about each pictures and then mixed them up and L put them in the order in which she will do them in the morning.  She's done this quite a few times over the last few days so hopefully it will come off smoothly tomorrow.  We'll see : )
Check out this wonderfully creative post by Cynthia over at A Montessori Musing place which sums up the excitement we feel.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I can imagine your excitement. It was the same for me when Ian went to school, he was 16 months then. When I picked him up, he usually had his hands and apron "dirty" and I felt so emotional imaginating him "working". By the way, we are working with sequences, using photos of Ian following his bedtime routine

Unknown said...

You guys are really blessed. I love the poem about the Visit From Maria. Don't forget to take pictures(LOL).

Olives and Pickles said...

So how was it?Please share with us how was L's first day at school? I am very excited to know...My little C may go to school next year after she turns 3..I can't imagine how did you feel (you know letting her "go").I really hope this transition goes fast and easy for you guys. Big hugs!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails